2011 was perhaps the best, but busiest of my life! I did find time to write, but not enough to finish my current manuscript. Now I have two manuscripts that need completion ASAP. I’ve put aside key times to write, but I need more. So now I’m getting creative, trying to find little bits of time I can carve out in my schedule. Suggestions and encouragement are welcome. How do you find time to write or follow your dreams in a world full of commitments, demands, and distractions?
Here is what I have so far. Help me figure out more.
- Take 30 minute “time outs” from all the action to write. I may I have to do something really bad to earn it, but that could be fun too!
- Plan out plot points while on the elliptical.
- Write on airplanes instead of watching movies. I used to write in airports and on planes all the time. This should be very do-able.
- Maximize my Saturday mornings before anyone is awake.
- Sneak off to Starbucks after church on Sundays and let everyone think it was a really long service.
- Use an egg-timer and challenge myself to see how may words I can write before the sands of hourglass drop.